Does Facetime Use Data ?
You have already got the Answer in the Heading itself, But the main question arises is How Much Data Does Facetime Use ? Let’s try to find out the answer for this question. We all know that, Facetime has already been used by so many users in the world and it has been already turned as an another Powerful Mode of Communication. And, it is the user’s responsibility to check the data usage for this great feature and be alert while using the facetime and not to loose your data on the facetime. People are still get’s confused on questions such as Does Facetime use data ? and the Does Facetime use minutes or data ? So, to get it cleared we have already described that it uses your data and now it is the time to find the data usage reports of the carriers and find out how much data will be consumed when you are using this awesome feature.
When it comes to Desktops or Laptops, Apple inc is always considered first to buy a new product. Those quality products by Apple are always considered the first choice to buy. Apple Desktops ( iMac ) and Apple Laptops ( Macbook ) have taken the technology to the next level by introducing various new features and great picture quality & Display and for which Apple is well-known. Earlier, we have already discussed about this great topic which comes to the mind, Why Apple is so Successful ? So, to answer all your Facetime Data usage related questions like does facetime uses data ? and home much data does it consume ? and similar kind of questions. For that, TechFavicon has this following report about the data usage and some good information about the facetime.
Firstly, What exactly is Facetime ? and Is Facetime Free ?
Facetime is an awesome Apple Features which you will find in the various Apple products including MacBook, iMac, iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch,etc. So, it is for those models which has the front camera installed. This features will let you do a Video call on any other Apple product having front camera installed. And now the question arises in some people’s mind is it free ? Yes, it is completely free but you will need internet connectivity and that’s why this report will come handy for you.
FaceTime for Mac makes it possible to talk, smile and laugh with anyone on an iPad, iPhone, iPod touch or Mac with a built-in FaceTime camera. The Data usage for Facetime is not very much, it is very limited and that’s why we have this Facetime Data usage report ready for you.
Facetime has some plus points and some negative points too. Before Facetime, Skype was the only preferred method for video calling and it is great to use. but when Facetime arrived, it has ruined the users of Skype a little. And now, those who have the Apple Products with them likes to use the Facetime feature rather than other Third Party apps, which consumes much more memory. Let’s look at some Advantages & Disadvantages of Facetime.
Pros of Facetime
As per the Users opinion and ratings, we have this list of Best Features of Facetime and some advantages.
- The Facetime is more stable than any other third party app or Skype which makes the Stable video streaming.
- It allows you to Switch your Front Camera to the Rear one without rotating the Device. for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
- It is available on all the Apple Products having the front camera installed on the device.
- There is no restrictions on Facetime Client Installed to make a video call. and this feature alone makes it stand out from others for video calling.
- As far as the Data Usage is concerned, Reports and users claim that the Data used by Facetime is much less than the other third party apps which mainly includes Skype.
- The Setup process is so simple, you just need an Apple id & Your Email Address and you are good to go.
- When it comes to Display Quality, Apple never compromise on this. Camera has the best quality which allows you to record or stream videos in the 720P Full HD Display.
- It will automatically integrate your contact list so that you will reach to most of the users.
Cons of Facetime
There are not many negative factors for this great features by Apple. But, still a few are there and those are listed below.
- The main feature which should be included in the Facetime is the Chat Feature. Unfortunately it doesn’t have that. But, you don’t need to worry about this as they have another great addition of iMessages for this. They may include the chat feature in the coming updates.
- You may see a little bit of Pixel drops in the lower models of iPod Touch or iPad during the video streaming.
- One more mention should be here and which is the Lagging part. Yes, Facetime is very lightweight but you may see a little bit of lagging in some of the devices.
Let’s come to the Final Part and the Main topic of this Feature ( Facetime ).
How much Data Does Facetime Use ?
Facetime is a free addition and works best on the High-Speed Wi-Fi or data connectivity. And to find out the exact usage, we made a Facetime Call from an iPhone 6 ( Wi-fi ) to iPad ( 3G ). And the Results for this Test Call are as follows. and we hope you get the idea for your devices too.
Call Duration : 13 Minutes
Internet Speed : Around 3.5 MB/sec
Data Sent : Around 16.2 MB
Data Received : 18.4 MB
Total Data used ( Sum of the above ) : 34.6 MB for 13 Minutes call
So, from the above Facetime Data Usage Report , we come to the conclusion that approximately 2.66 Megabytes of Data is consumed for every minute. Which means, An hour Long conversation for that Facetime Video Call will consume around 160 MB of Data. and these results are same for many of such tests. As same test was conducted by 9to5MAC and they also got the similar results.
If you are interested in knowing all the Features of Facetime & how to properly use Facetime then you should check this awesome video brought to you by Lynda :
Final Conclusion :
We hope you now have the idea of how much data does facetime consume and some good information on Facetime Data usage by the above facetime data report.So, when it is compared to another famous app Skype, you will find that it is more efficient than any other third party app and consumes the lowest possible data with the awesome streaming quality and display quality.
If you have conducted the same test on your devices and would like to share the results then please comment it down with your report and we will check the different devices results. and we hope the problem of Does Facetime use Data ? has been solved now.
Check out other Popular Posts :