Best Gaming Mouse – A Useful Buying Guide for Gamers
The Best Gaming Mouse is one of the most crucial components of any computer. It not just helps users control the computer effectively, it also helps to get the most out of the machine. A Gaming Mouse is used to move the cursor to different locations on the monitor, play various computer games, and also click at several location of a webpage. In these modern times, you will find a computer user with one hand on the mouse almost all the time. This makes it very important for you to choose a mouse very sensibly. It has to be precise, comfortable and reliable at the same time. The buttons on the mouse should be soft and highly delicate to the touch of your fingers and the features should be suitable enough as per your requirement. Here are our picks for the Top 5 Gaming Mouse on the market right now:
A Gaming Mouse
If you generally use your computer to play various kinds of games, then the importance of the mouse increases manifold. Most of the games played these days are more or less highly dependent on the mouse. Thus, you have to choose the component very carefully indeed. Apart from being comfortable, reliable, and precise, a gaming mouse also has several other features, which should be considered while choosing the best for your personal use.
Tips To Choose the Best Gaming Mouse
So, you are planning to buy a good quality gaming mouse for your personal use at home, right? Here are some features to keep in mind while shopping for the best mouse.
- Surface Texture: If you visit a few stores in town, you will notice that some mice come with a rugged plastic finish, some with a hard plastic finish, some with a glossy plastic finish, and some with rubberized sides and surfaces. It is important for you to know that choosing a mouse with a good surface finish is crucial. There are 2 reasons to support this statement. Firstly, different people react differently to various surface finishes of a mouse. Some complain about the hard surfaces stating the feel is not right for them. Whereas, some complain about sweaty hands if they use a mouse with a smooth surface for long. The best way out is to go to a few stores and take the mouse in your hand. Try to use it the same way you would use on your computer table. If you feel comfortable then buy it.
- Shape of The Mouse: Are you comfortable using a computer mouse with both your hands or do you prefer to use it with either hand? Computer mice are usually designed for ambidextrous people or right-handed people. If you are a right-handed person then choosing a mouse especially designed for right-handed people would be suitable. On the other hand, people comfortable with both their hands can opt for ambidextrous mice.
- Grip Style: When it comes to holding a gaming mouse, different people prefer different types of grips. Take a look at the way you grip your mouse and you will be able to understand if it falls under either claw grip or fingertip grip or palm grip. The former gripping style resembles more or less like a claw. You hold your hand in such a manner that only the back of your hand and your fingertips touch the mouse. Although the gripping style is not quite comfortable, it still provides the fastest clicking speed and better control over the mouse. The next gripping style is the fingertip grip which involves touching the mouse with just the tip of your fingers. The rest of your hand either rests on the remaining portion of the mouse or on the table. The last gripping style is the palm grip. In this gripping style the entire hand of a user rests on the mouse. This is also one of the most comfortable and most commonly used gripping style for most of the computer users of the world.
- Size of The Mouse: The size of the mouse is also an important factor for a majority of users. Many people, with bigger hands, prefer to use bigger mice. At the same time, people with small hands like to use small sized mice. There are a large portion of users who use wide sized mice to rest their pinky finger and thumb on it.
- DPI or CPI of a Mouse: For computer gamers, an important factor which determines their choice of mice is the CPI or DPI feature of a mouse. Many of you may think that a mouse with a high DPI will be more precise than others. Well, this is entirely incorrect. In fact, CPI or DPI measure the actual sensitivity of a mouse rather than its precision. If you prefer to play fast paced games, then a mouse with a DPI ranging within 2000 to 3000 will be a good option. Usually anything within 1000 to 2000 is fine. Do not make the mistake of buying a mouse with a DPI higher than 3000 as it may prove to be a major hindrance to your gaming experience.
- Layout of The Buttons: If you are a frequent gamer, then your primary concern will be the button layout on your mouse. For gamers, the more buttons available on a computer mouse the better it is for them. It makes it very simple for them to play their games. However, there are several computer games tournament winners, who use a mouse with 2 or 3 buttons.
There are several other features you have to keep in mind while shopping for the Best Gaming Mouse. It will be good for you to know that there is nothing called a perfect gaming mouse in the world. The best option is to go out, test a few mice yourself and decide which one felt better for you. After all, if you wish to win computer games, you have to choose a mouse which feels comfortable in your hands. Otherwise the sole purpose of using a good quality mouse gets lost.