Ajazz AK33 review: In a gamer’s world, the hardware is equally important as the software. It could be the difference between winning and losing. Thus, when you read any Ajazz AK33 Mechanical Keyboard review, you will see that this piece of hardware has created quite a sensation in the market. The incredible features, the durability, the low price and the usability are some of the things that endear it to many gamers.
Buying a mechanical keyboard is always a big decision for users as they do not know what to expect, or sometime even what to buy, with many preferring to go for the well-known brand names. However, many miss little known but great mechanical keyboards such as the Ajazz.
If you are the daring type and are willing to try this unknown keyboard, read this Ajazz AK33 Mechanical Keyboard review first.
Features and benefits
- The Ajazz AK33 has 82 keys that are comfortably squeezed close to each other, making the keyboard smaller than most, actually about 75% smaller and less weighty. The keys that you hardly use have been left out and some have been packed under the function key.
- Keys are made of ABS plastic and they have been etched with laser technology such that the light below the switches shines through.
- Removing the keys is very easy even when you do not have the key puller. Just rock the keys back and forth a couple of times and they will come off.
- The switches come in various colors, almost all rainbow colors. Switches are the springy bridge between the keycap and the actual key. When you press the key, the switch presses the button that tells the computer you have pressed a certain key.
- The base of this mechanical keyboard is made of silver aluminum, which helps in reflecting the light around the keys.
- You will connect the keyboard to your computer with a USB cable. It should be in the box with the keyboard. After you are done, you unplug it and pack it.
- The Ajazz AK33 has many lighting modes such as full backlight, rainbows, spirals, waves and others all signifying different actions when you are in the game. An Ajazz AK33 Mechanical Keyboard review says there are close to 20 modes before you install its software into your computer.
- You can turn off the lighting for some keys as you like. You can turn off the light for all other keys apart from the keys that you use most.
- Good for typing, has a comfortable springy touch.
What most people do not like
The glossy plastic bottom part of the keyboard, it is hard to download the mechanical keyboard software from the Ajazz website because everything is in Chinese. It may not be good for games that require the use of all hot keys as it doesn’t have all. Too much plugging and unplugging the USB cable may wear the port out.
It is affordable, costing far lesser than its well-known counterparts. It does the job perfectly and therefore out of a rating of 10, we would give it 8.5. As you have seen from this Ajazz AK33 Mechanical Keyboard review, the pros outweigh the cons.
Price & Best Place to Buy
As far as the pricing is concerned, you may find it on various E-commerce stores but we do recommend going with the Gearbest Portal for this one simply because they have the best price so far on this one and shipping worldwide.
Ajazz AK33 (~$45) : Gearbest Discount Link