Comparison Between Android Lollipop and iOS :
The smartphone industry offers many types of mobile OS platform such as Android, iOS, Blackberry, Windows Mobile etc, but among them only Android and iOS are the leaders. A recent survey revealed that in January 2015 Android and iOS were running on 53.2% and 41.3% smartphonesin the world. These statistics prove that both operating systems have grown so well and became the giants of the industry.
Recently, Apple and Google released the new version of their mobile operating systems iOS 8 and Android 5.0.Both these mobile platforms deliver great functionality and features that are useful for people.
Let’s reveal some of the great features of both mobile OS:
- Inbuilt flashlight, now you don’t have to look for an external app on play store.
- Access important notification without unlocking the phone.
- Several color modes for poor eyesight people
- Smart search to search a setting option
- Wake your phone by saying “Ok Google”
- Share files via Android Beam
- Upgraded keyboard with Multilingual support
- Location tracking that allows you to locate your discharged iPhone by sending the last location.
- Smart credit card scanning, now no need to type the card detail. Just scan the credit card for online shopping and the system will get the necessary information automatically.
- Hide personal or important pictures without deleting them.
- Save the battery by shutting down apps that are consuming more battery power
- Siri Advancements, now Siri understands more topics and deliver more accurate answers
There are plenty more features available in both mobile OS, the infographic below which is developed by an Android app development company Nine Hertz explains all these features in details. This will help you to make a crystal clear comparison between Android Lollipop (5.0) and iOS 8. The infographic also shows the awesome journey of both Android and iOS since their inception.
iOS 9 : Everything You need to Know
Recently on July 9, Apple has released iOS 9 beta for iPhone & iPad users. The latest release of iOS offers great features, let’s look at some of those:
iOS 9 has brought some changes to its voice assistant “Siri” which works better than before. The Siri understands a wider range of topics and answer you effectively. The new feature “spotlight search” in Siri makes it more efficient than ever, with spotlight search you can easily find the news that has been happening in your nearby area, key contacts, time specific information etc.
Improved Battery Life
The battery life is improved as well in the latest version of iOS, in this mobile OS you can enable a low power mode that can add up to 3 hours of battery power. Besides, iOS 9 is faster and more responsive as it takes more advantage of CPU and GPU to deliver smoother animation, faster scrolling, and high-end performance.
Better Notes App
If you like taking notes, then iOS 9 has brought a revamped notes app for you where you can add images, create checklist, etc. There is a scribble pad in this app which allows to draw by your finger with various colors and pen selections.
Another major addition that has been made in iOS 9 is the transit information on the maps. Now you can easily discover the information about trains, buses and how to get to any place.
Apple has made iOS 9 more secure with two-factor authentication and six-digit passcode instead of four digits. These security features take the amount of possible password combination to 2 Millions, which makes it harder to crack the iOS security for hackers.
However, Apple hasn’t yet revealed the official launch date of iOS 9 but we can expect it to come in September or fall 2015. There are some more features in iOS 9 which you can find out in the below infographic that is developed by Nine Hertz – iOS app development company.