The Err Connection Timed Out – this Webpage is not available Error on chrome browser making you mad? Don’t worry we got the perfect solution for you.Normally this error is supposed to show that the site is not loading in a pre-decided loading time which means that there is some kind of problem with the server/site.
But we all know how things on computer work, so that’s the case only 10% time. For the rest 90%, it’s a fault of our own connection.
So it’s better to check out everything we can and try to fix this connection timed out -this webpage is not available error by ourselves. That’s why today we have brought you a handful of methods you can use to resolve this issue-
How to fix err_connection_timed_out error [ Solved ]
There are plenty of methods to solve this problem so we have made a list for you. You can try all these solutions one by one and fix your problem-
The most basic thing you can do to get rid of this err_connection_timed_out error is by cleaning your browser. You need to clean the cache files and cookies of your chrome browser, follow the below steps to do so-
Step 1. Open Chrome browser.
Step 2. In the browser toolbar, click on the Chrome menu.
Step 3. Now Click on More tools>Clear browsing data.
Step 4. In the box that shows up, tick the checkboxes for “Cookies and other site and plug-in data“and “Cached images and files.”
Step 5. Select the amount of data that you want to delete by choosing the time.
Step 6. Click Clear browsing data
Now restart the chrome browser and try to reload the website. If the problem is still there then try the 2nd method –
Method 2. Edit Windows Hosts File
Some of us use the Windows host files to block certain websites. However while doing so you may have blocked other websites too. If you have blocked any website by its URL or IP address then should unblock it. Follow the following steps to do so-
Step 1. Find The hosts file at c:windows/system32/drivers, etc.
Step 2. Once you find the host file, open Notepad and then click ‘Run as Administrator’.
Step 3. After launching notepad, open the files you just saw by going into my Computer > Local Disk C: > Windows > System32 > Drivers > etc.
Step 4. From there select ‘All Files’ from the drop down menu. It will enable you to see all the files in that folder.
Step 5. Now select ‘hosts’ file and click Open. Once opened, scroll down and delete any website address or IP address after the last # sign.
Step 6. Now Save the file and close notepad. Now try to browse the websites that were giving the error previously.
These are 2 of the methods which we have found working for solving the error from our side. However, there are several other solutions you can try if these two are not working for you. Here we have listed them for you-
- Remove all the unwanted extensions from your browser
- Restart both your computer and your router.
- Turn off your computer firewall and any Antivirus you are using.
- Uninstall and Install the chrome browser.
If all these solutions don’t work for you. Then you can try to contact your local service center for help. Do tell us your experience on how you solved this error and which method do you prefer in the comments.
Other Internet Errors :
- How to Fix DNS Probe Finished No Internet Error
- Fix dns_probe_finished_bad_config Error
- How To Fix DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN Error
- Fix ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED Error