What represents our life in modern post-industrial technocratic society? This article will tell you how people who live with us in the neighborhood, which we see in the streets and in public transport, in offices and shops can see their lives. Some are quite happy in life, but some believe that, for example, technology influences our existence, and this effect only increases.
Technology is one of the many tools that society uses to solve its own problems. It is undeniable that technology improvement always affects human life both positively and negatively. So we’ll try to figure it out.
Technology Development: Pros and Cons
The progress of technology has transformed the whole world into a global network where there are no longer any barriers to communication. With the advent of advanced technologies in computers and the Internet, communication has become very easy and economical.
Nevertheless, technology, in the hands of unscrupulous people, can cause chaos in people’s lives. After all, all planning is carried out by terrorists with the help of the latest communication technologies.
To date, technology has made great progress. Now, to find the information you need, you do not have to go to the library or buy books. To do this, we use one of the searches and ask a question that interests us, for instance, “buy cheap essay”. The answer will not make you wait a long time. It will save you time and money and will allow you to speed up the process of viewing relevant information and use it in the right way.
Social media offers to users the ability to interact with texts, images and videos to the extent that it is not possible with television. Social networks contribute to sharing something, users become more prone to the creation and sharing of information.
Advantages and disadvantages of technology development
Some experts believe that modern technologies have a positive effect: they organize our lives and release our heads for reflection on important things. Others argue that technology crippled our concentration of attention, deprived us of the creative process and made the impatient.
Advantages of technological progress are indisputable. For example:
- In virtually every family has at least one car. Undoubtedly, it is very convenient. We have got an excellent opportunity to get practically anywhere in a relatively short period of time.
- Or there are mobile phones. With their appearance, people are no longer worried about their children or the elderly; you can also contact one person anywhere in the world in one instant.
- And also the computers have changed our lives. With the development of the Internet and information technology, a person becomes virtually omnipotent, having every minute access to all information stored in the global network.
Each study on this subject causes fierce discussions, but at the same time, we are each step closer to understanding the extent to which technology can affect us. On the other hand, the more technologies and devices are included in our lives, the less free is a person, the more it starts to depend on small and large boxes that blink electronic holes.
Here is a simple example.
- So, the appearance of an alarm will ensure the safety of your car, but if there was no car, there would be nothing to lose.
- Or, for example, a service such as a search for eavesdropping devices will allow you to protect any information while maintaining its privacy. But if there were no mobile phones, camcorders and bugs themselves, there would be no problem either.
It speaks of the drawbacks of technology as a whole. Technological evolution has left no intact place. Even at home, people have microwaves, dishwashers, washing machines and even other appliances that make our lives easier, but with the advent of people lost their habit of hard work and are more lazy, slow, and then it causes deterioration of health, it can be manifested even in obesity. Jobs replace us in everything, so unemployment is only progressing.
In summary, technical progress has its pros and cons, and it is our responsibility or uses it for good purposes, otherwise, it can become a boomerang for mankind and ultimately destroy our planet. Thus, it turns out some kind of closed circle, the output of which, in principle, is impossible. Even aware of the dependence on technologies and devices, a person will no longer be able and will not want to abandon them. In any case, you can control the influence and remain in the world of machines or not. So every man should decide on how to act on his own.
In the words of Karl Kraus: “Stimulus technical progress – our vulnerability to technology.”