Before you go off on your grand adventure, you should consider investing in an anti-theft backpack. The most important thing during travel is safety.
You need to be safe, so you buy travel insurance for yourself. Your belongings need to be safe also. An anti-theft back will help you do that.
The most important thing to keep in mind is to not let your luggage out of your sight or unattended. Another thing is to be on your guard for suspicious characters constantly.
However, you can’t always be on high alert. What if you let your guard down just for a moment, will your backpack be safe?
We will look at the best anti-theft backpacks on the market to date. We will also go through all the features that you should look for in an anti-theft backpack as well.
As always, we will only review products from reputable manufacturers as well as limit ourselves to one product per brand for variety.
Check out our buying guide and reviews below.
Five – Top Anti Theft Backpacks
- 1 Five – Top Anti Theft Backpacks
- 2 Things to Know Before You Buy The Best Anti Theft Backpack
- 3 Our Top 5 Anti Theft Backpacks In 2018
- 4 Frequently Asked Questions
Things to Know Before You Buy The Best Anti Theft Backpack
There are a lot of features to consider when buying an anti-theft backpack for travel. We will detail each one and provide some insight. Let us take a look at them.
- This is not the most important factor, but it is still a factor when purchasing an anti-theft backpack. You should look for one that isn’t too flashy.
- Although, mostly the style depends on your preferences.
- You should choose an anti-theft backpack based on the what you are going to use it for. If you are going on a long adventure, getting a larger backpack certainly fulfills your need, However, if you are going on a short trip, a smaller is better.
- Take note of the number of compartments, hidden zippers and secret pockets your anti-theft backpack has. Also, check if the areas are accessible to you.
- Another thing to take note about the design is the shoulder straps. You should look for padded shoulder straps. They take off pressure from your shoulders.
- If you want your anti-theft backpack to last you a long time, You should choose one that is made up of durable material. Most of them have cut resistant and waterproof fabrics.
- Also, reinforced straps are also great for extending the lifespan of your backpack.
Our Top 5 Anti Theft Backpacks In 2018
#1. XDDesign Bobby Original Anti-Theft Backpack
- The XDDesign Bobby Original Anti-Theft Backpack is made up of cut-proof and water resistant material. You can purchase a Bobby rain cover separately if you want extra waterproofing for your backpack.
- It has a hidden zipper along with secret pockets to keep your most valuable items safe from prying hands.
- The backpack has an integrated USB charging port for your phone, power bank, and other gadgets.
- It has illuminating safety strips for added safety and visibility.
- It also features a shockproof storage design that helps lift weight off of your shoulder. It also places less pressure on your spine when you are carrying it.
- The Bobby has adjustable open angles and dedicated laptop/tablet storage areas. It can fit a 15 ” laptop and a tablet up to 10 inches. The laptop compartment measures 27 cm x 33 – 40 cm x 3.5 cm (W x H x D). The tablet compartment measures 25.5 cm x 12 -18 cm x 1 cm ((W x H x D)).
- The anti-theft backpack weighs 850 grams.
#2. Oscaurt Anti-theft Travel Backpack
- The Oscaurt Anti-theft Backpack is a travel backpack that can also be used for business and school.
- It is made from water-resistant material.
- It is perfect for students, and working men and women.
- It has an integrated USB charging port. The USB charger is located on the outside while the charging cable inside. It is very convenient to charge your devices using this feature.
- A power bank is not included with the backpack. You have to buy one separately.
- It features hidden zippers for its main pocket. There are also secret pockets inside the bag to keep your most valuable items inside.
- The backpack compartments are adjustable up to 180 degrees.
- There is a laptop storage area that can fit a 15.6 inches screen. It also has elastic bands to secure your items as well as velvet inside the material to protect your laptop.
- The anti-theft backpack also features integrated reflective strips for added safety in the dark and at night. It also has a luggage strap to fit your backpack on your suitcase.
- It has comfortable shoulder straps that are padded and adjustable. The back of the pack is made of EVA material. It helps take pressure off of your back and provides excellent airflow. It also helps the backpack keep its shape even after carrying heavy loads.
- The backpack measures 11.02 x 4.92 x 16.93 inches. It has a capacity of 12 L.
#3. AMBOR Anti Theft Backpack
- The AMBOR Anti Theft Backpack is a lightweight backpack that is great for business, schooling, and travel.
- It measures 19.7 x 11.2 x 7.5 inches and weighs 1.6 pounds.
- It has a dedicated USB charging port to charge your gadget outside of your backpack. The USB port is 2.0. It has a built-in cable but no power bank. You have to purchase a power bank separately.
- You can also find a headphone interface so you can connect your headphones with your phone in the inside of the pack.
- The backpack is able to fit a 15-inch laptop inside.
- It is made of waterproof material. The material is lightweight and durable nylon fabric. The fabric is eco-friendly and breathable.
- The shoulder straps on the anti-theft backpack are padded and adjustable. They also feature an S curve design. The shoulder belt is made of honeycomb material which is also breathable. The overall design helps take off pressure from your shoulders and back.
- It has a theft-proof combination lock and durable zippers to dissuade any thief from tampering with your bag.
- Ambor offers a money back guarantee of 30 days. It also has a 12-month warranty and dedicated customer support service in case you have problems with your backpack.
#4. Hanke Anti-Theft Backpack
- The Hanke Anti-Theft Backpack is a backpack that can be used for travel, business, and school.
- It is made of a durable polyester material that is level 4 water resistant. The backpack is very easy to clean and will last a long time if given proper maintenance.
- The Hanke backpack features a lot of anti-theft designs.
- The main compartment has a hidden zipper to hide the backpack’s opening from would-be thieves.
- You can also find a number of pockets at the back and side of the backpack.
- The backpack features S curve shoulder straps that are padded and adjustable.
- There are reflective strips on the backpack that will reflect light at night and in the dark.
- It also has a luggage strap so you can easily mount it on your suitcase when traveling.
- The Hanke anti-theft backpack has an integrated USB charging port with a built-in cable that plugs into your power bank. A power bank is not provided, so you have to purchase one for yourself.
- The backpack measures 11 x 4.92 x 16.93 inches. It weighs 2.18 pounds.
- It can house a laptop up to 14 inches in screen size. It has two slots for a tablet and a laptop.
#5. Mancro Anti Theft Backpack
- The Mancro Anti Theft Backpack is perfect for business, travel and school use.
- It has a USB charging port for quickly charging your devices. The backpack does not include a power bank, so you have to buy one for use.
- The backpack fits a 15.6″ screen size laptop in its dedicated laptop compartment.
- It measures 20 x 12.2 x 5.7 inches. It weighs 1.3 pounds.
- It features a combination lock to protect your valuables and belongings from potential thieves.
- It also has durable metal zippers installed.
- There are three main compartments and several small pockets. You can easily organize all of your items for easy access.
- It is made of eco-friendly, water-resistant polyester fabric. The bottom of the backpack is reinforced for durability.
- It has an s curve design for the shoulder straps. The straps are adjustable and padded for maximum comfort.
- It is the lightest anti-theft backpack on our list.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How Does Anti Theft Backpack Work?
A: Anti Theft Backpacks work like a regular backpack but with a few security features installed in them. Let us take a look at each one.
Cut or Slash-resistant Material
- This is the essential feature of an anti-theft backpack.
- The best anti-theft backpack should have cut or slash resistant material that makes it hard for thieves to cut or slash through.
- Cut or slash resistant bags are reinforced with a unique material called Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene and other fibers that are woven very tight.
- When choosing the perfect anti-theft backpack, look for one with reinforced material.
- Cut Or Slash Resistant Shoulder Straps
- In addition, to cut or slash resistant material of the backpack itself, make sure that the straps have the same attribute.
- Thieves will often time go for the straps if they can’t cut or slash your bag.
- Look for ones that have reinforced shoulder straps.
- The reinforced straps have flexible cable embedded in them making it hard to cut through. They are sturdy enough to resist cutting and slashing but flexible enough to allow you to carry the backpack in comfort.
- Most anti-theft backpacks have an RFID blocking feature. RFID means radio frequency identification and is mostly used in debit and credit cards.
- You would want to protect your cards from RFID thieves who use RFID technology to steal from your cards.
- Thieves use a method called RFID skimming. They can extract information from your cards without even touching them. They can make purchases with your card information without you knowing.
- The best anti-theft backpacks have the RFID blocking technology.
- You should look for hidden zippers or locking clips when choosing your backpack.
- Hidden zippers are just what their name implies, and they are hidden from plain view.
- They can prevent easy theft by simply not showing the thief where the zippers are.
- Locking clips pull the zippers together and lock them together. Thieves have to take extra time to unlock these and most likely will deter them from tampering with your backpack.
- They might slow you down from closing your backpack, but their advantages outweigh their disadvantages.
Secret Pockets and Compartments
- Almost all of the anti-theft backpacks have secret compartments. You can store your most valuable items here. They make it difficult for thieves to have access to them. They have to spend extra time looking for the secret area.
- Secret pockets also allow you to organize your belongings. You can place less critical stuff outside of the secret compartments while your most valuable items inside them.