Adrenaline junkies and extreme sports aficionados love their action cameras to document their explorations and adventures. In the world of action cameras, the Akaso EK7000 made a name for itself in the last years as being a reliable and professional version of the GoPro but with a more affordable price and lacking the bells and whistles of its main competitor.
Even companies and brands use action cameras for viral video making as marketing campaigns, and the Akaso EK7000 seems to be a reliable tool able to satisfy yet the most sophisticated of needs. However, is time-lapse photography on your mind? Let us find out if the camera and time-lapse are a good match!
A Few Words on Akaso EK7000 Tech Specs and Best Features
When you look for time-lapse capable action cameras, your quest inevitably leads you to the Akaso EK7000 features. We strongly recommend you read an extended Akaso EK7000 4K review and analysis to learn more about the camera’s modes, specifications, capabilities, advantages over the competition and more. Study the features carefully, as they give you a clear picture of the fields the Akaso excels at and the aspects you should consider before purchasing it.
If time-lapse photography is what interests you more, let us discuss the Akaso tech specs from this perspective:
- You can use the camera to shoot 12 MP photos in the 16:9 ratio, at up to 30 fps and save them as standard JPG files; you can also downsize to 8, 5, and 4 MP;
- The 4K feature offers the best immersion for this price range, able to capture images at 25fps;
- The standard Wide field of view mode is broad enough to help you get creative when it comes to shooting time-lapse of your adventures or creating viral videos for sports marketing campaigns;
- Besides the standard photo mode, the Akaso EK7000 comes with a burst photo mode – something that will also pique your interest when it comes to time-lapse photography: you can shoot three consecutive photos over the course of 1.5 seconds;
- Time-lapse photos mode: use the time-lapse mode to capture a series of JPG photos. The Akaso EK7000 does not compile the video inside the camera, as you will have to string the images on your computer. To switch the camera to time-lapse, use the Continuous Lapse setting and press the red button. You also have different intervals for time-lapse shooting: 2, 3, 5, 10, 20, 30, and 60 seconds
A Few Words on Time-Lapse Photography
When your action cam cannot produce time-lapse videos directly, your choice is to stitch together the time-lapse photos you took via a computer program to create an immersive, fast-forward, exciting video. Another way to develop time-lapse is to shoot a longer 4K video and speed it up with a computer program.
Luckily, the Akaso EK7000 allows you to make excellent productions in both ways: it has a time-lapse photo mode and shoots in 4K.
Moreover, if you master the Akaso EK7000 modes and features correctly, you will be able to create immersive time-lapse productions without spending extra time on your computer by resizing the photos or by changing the framerate, while a few adjustments are always necessary. Here are some other tech specs that might interest you in case you want to make the best out of the time-lapse mode of the Akaso:
- 4 K resolution – 25 fps;
- 2.7 K resolution – 30 fps;
- 1080 p resolution – 60 fps with 22 Bitrate Megabits/s or 30 fps with 17 Bitrate Megabits/s;
- 720 p resolution – 120 fps with 28 Bitrate Megabits/s or 60 fps with 15 Bitrate Megabits/s;
Most time-lapse specialists recommend you make the best of use of pictures at 24/25 fps.
Time-Lapse in Special Environments
When we see time-lapse videos, we expect greatness and novelty, thrills, and spectacular action. While not directly related to its tech specs referring to time-lapse, the 70-degree wide angle lens, the ability to shoot at 100 feet underwater and the waterproof case of the Akaso EK7000 makes this camera the go-to choice of adventurers, extreme sports fans, scuba diving and snorkeling fans, and of explorers and researchers.
Creating underwater time-lapse productions is thrilling in and out of itself, and Akaso will deliver on its promise of making your video compelling and viral, even boosting your career in ways you never thought about before.
You could look for professional and branded action cameras packed with time-lapse capabilities, settings, and features to please the most pretentious of adventure and action fan. However, if you want the best quality at a fraction of the price of other more famous brands, the Akaso EK7000 will help you create the time-lapse videos of your life and be there by your side no matter what adventure you want to embark on next.