It goes without saying that the tech revolution has changed the ways in which we conduct almost every aspect of our lives. From communicating with each other to our take in medicine, every single aspect of the human lives has been technically enhanced so to say.
So much that kids have come from playing with their peers in the playground to playing with their peers virtually without having to be in the same room or even the same continent.
Computer games have changed the way kids have fun all around the globe. It is safe to say that kids are not the only people partaking in the computer gaming activities. From adults to teenagers, video games are all the rage.
In the recent years, computer games have advanced from mere games to sporting activities that people of all ages partake in and win titles and awards over. In fact, the gaming industry is worth billions of dollars.
When it comes to playing computer games, a typical computer or a smart phone will do. However, there are those advanced games that need special technical gadgets in order to partake in the game.
Some of the gizmos that you need to make your gaming experience worthwhile include a good gaming mouse and a gaming mouse pad, a reliable computer keyboard, and a computer monitor that does not suffer any delays.
It has been found that an FPS mouse is the best of the best in the market. However, there are various brands of fps mouse to choose from in the market which this article seeks to look into.
- 0.1 1. Logitech G502 HERO High Performance Gaming Mouse
- 0.2 2. Razer DeathAdder Elite Gaming Mouse
- 0.3 3. Logitech G203 Prodigy RGB Wired Gaming Mouse
- 0.4 4. HyperX Pulsefire FPS Gaming Mouse
- 0.5 5. CORSAIR Harpoon Pro
- 1 What is FPS Gaming? and Why to buy Best FPS Gaming Mice?
This fps gaming mouse comes with one of the most accurate sensors in the market that features up to sixteen thousand DPI to allow for the ultimate gaming speed and experience.
This high-performance mouse is also known for its accuracy, and its ability to respond across the entire DPI range. The mouse features a programmable RGB lightning and a LIGHTSYNC technology.
The mouse features eleven customizable buttons and an onboard memory. This means that you can assign custom demands to the buttons and you can save up to five ready-to-play profiles to the mouse directly.
It is an adjustable weight system in which you can arrange up to five removable weights each weighing 3.6g as well as a personalized weight and balance tuning.
This mouse is a high precision gadget with a sixteen thousand DPI optical sensor. This means that it offers on the sensitivity adjustment through the dedicated DPI buttons which happen to be reprogrammable allowing for a better gaming experience as well as creative works.
It also features customizable Chroma RGB color profiles which include up to 16.8 million combination of colors along with preset profiles.
The mouse features durable mechanical switched that support up to fifty million clicks.
It comes with a rubberized, rigged scroll wheel that allows for maximum accuracy and up to seven programmable buttons that allow for remapping of the buttons and assignment of very complex macro functions through the Razer synapse of the mouse.
This mouse is specifically designed for advanced gaming grade performance with up to eight times faster response as compared to other standard mice in the market. This means that every click with the mouse and move is close to instantaneous from the hand to the screen.
It has an advanced button tensioning feature that allows for lesser force needed when clicking the left and right buttons hence also delivering an exceptional click feel, response to clicks, and consistency.
This brand is a classic design that was inspired by the Logitech G100S mouse which was prior to this the favorite mouse for gamers and eSport pros all around the globe. The mouse features cutting edge 6000 DPI sensors that allow for accuracy, tracking, speed, consistency and control.
This mouse features a Pixart 3310 sensor as well as four DPI presets that provide for extreme accuracy which makes the gaming experience more exciting and fulfilling.
It is specially designed for FPS games. It comes with a comfortable ergonomic mouse design that has been made to be resistant to slips and with a sturdy grip capability.
This mouse is a lightweight design. This means that it is a 95G FPS mouse with weight distribution that is optional and adjustable. The mouse features up to six buttons as well as ultra-responsive Omron switches that enhance the gaming experience.
The mouse also has extra-large skates that allow for smooth movement.
This mouse is incredibly lightweight at a mere eighty-five G which allows you to play for a longer time. It features a contoured shape and rubber side grips that allow you to play in a lasting comfort state with a confident and easy grip.
The mouse does not need expert setting up as it can be used straight from the box as all you need to do is to plug it to your computer though the USB port.
CORSAIR Harpoon Pro Gaming Mouse allows you to play with the utmost accuracy as it features a twelve thousand DPI optical sensor that makes the tracking easy and accurate.
The mouse also comes with up to six programmable buttons that allow you to create an in-game advantage of your own. The buttons can be used for anything from remapping endeavors to complex custom macros.
What is FPS Gaming? and Why to buy Best FPS Gaming Mice?
FPS is an acronym for the term First Person Shooter. First person shooters have been a dominant force in the universe of gaming. The concept dates as early as the 1990s when the founders, Dean and Wolfenstein introduced the genre to the mainstream audience.
As much as gaming was in existence earlier than the introduction of this genre, at the time, this was a very new concept that most but not all gamers were excited about. The popularity of the genre grew with the growth of the popularity of such games like Goldeneye, Battle field, and Rainbow Six by Tom Clancy.
Despite the growth in its popularity at the time, the genre would not have been what it is at the moment if not for the invention of the games Counter Strike 1.6 and Half Life Opposing Force which were developed by Valve Corporation.
These games were undoubtedly the first big competitive games in this genre. This is when the genre began to take a spot in the eSport community.
Currently, FPS is one of the largest parts of the eSport scenes with games the likes of CS-Go and Over watch which have taken the world by storm. The thrill that comes with FPS is a reason by itself on why the genre has taken over the eSport scene.
Factors to consider when determining the best FPS mouse
There are several factors that we have considered in this article when giving you the best of the best when it comes to FPS mice in the market.
I] Performance of the mouse
- When it comes to mice that are to be used for gaming purposes, the performance is a very crucial factor to consider. Like other sporting activities, eSports also take into account the performance of the participant as compared to his or her competitors.
- A good gaming mouse with impeccable performance is the best way to make sure that you out perform your competitors.
- It is important to note that some mice with not so good specifications may actually perform better than those with better specifications. For this reason, it is wise that you take the mouse for some sort of a test drive before you make the purchase in order to be sure of the performance quality.
II] The specifications and features of the mouse
- When it comes to FPS games, the aspects of speed and accuracy are very important. Speed and accuracy most of the times depend on the DPI features of the mouse. The higher the DPI feature of the mouse, the more accurate and the faster the mouse is and the vice versa is also true.
- When speaking of speed and accuracy, it means the amount of time it will take the mouse to convey what you have clicked on or the move you have made to the monitor of your computer as you are gaming.
- As you choose the best FPS mouse to game with, we advise that you consider one with at least sixteen thousand DPI as it tends to be the most accurate.
- It is also important that you test the mouse before making the purchase to make sure that the specifications on the box translate to the performance of the mouse.
III] The quality of the mouse
- The quality of a good FPS mouse is determined by the design of the mouse, the ease, the accuracy and the speed at which it can perform as well as the materials that have been used in its manufacture.
- All these aspects affect the durability, the performance and the efficiency of the mouse. It goes without saying that the quality of the gadget also determines the cost of the mouse.
- The higher the quality of the mouse, the higher the cost of the mouse. There are those who will go for the cheaper one and those who will go for the most expensive, at the end of the day, the choice is yours.
IV] The value for money
- Just like any product in the market, the price is a crucial factor to consider. As much as it is true that the higher the cost of the product, the higher the quality of the product, it is also true that you can find the right product at the right price if you put effort into sampling the products according to the other factors.
- It is important that you stick to your budget but also get a product that is worthwhile since you may get the cheapest and end up going back to the store over and over again. Remember, Cheap is Expensive!
V] The design of the mouse
- As trivial as it may sound, the design also plays a crucial role when it comes to the effectiveness and the performance of the mouse. When getting an FPS mouse, you need to make sure that it is a comfortable and easy to grip design.
- If you intend on playing for longer periods of time, then the design will help you not tire easily and the comfort will also come in handy.
- It is also wise that you get a rigged rubberized design that is non-slip and also easy to grip. This will go a long way in helping you to be triumphant in your gaming endeavors.
- The shape, the material used in the making of the mouse and the color of the mouse are all factors to consider when it comes to the design of the mouse.
VI] The illumination
- This is a mouse feature that is relatively new in the market. In terms of the illumination, Full RGB lighting options are the way to go.
- As much as the color options of the game may not improve the game in any way, they are important when it comes to helping you keep various game profiles straight and syncing up with the area in which you are gaming.
- In the list above, there are those mice with RGB features that provide for up to 16 million color variations that the user can choose from to make the gaming experience different, exciting and unique.
VII] The weight
- The weight of the mouse you are using has a large impact on how you play. Most mice come with a specific weight that you cannot adjust. This means that if the mouse turns out to be too heavy or too light, you will just have to adjust to the weight.
- However, there are those that are adjustable in terms of their weight. Such mice feature a removable adjustable weight canister that allows the user to fine-tune both the placement and the amount of extra material that can be placed in the canister to make it the most ideal weight for the user.
VIII] Whether the mouse is a laser sensor or an optical sensor
- Both laser sensors and peripheral sensors work fine. It is better for the user if the mouse allows you to fine tune it. This means that you can be able to calibrate the peripheral to work well on mouse pads, office desks or sheets and even paper among other surfaces.
- However, if you are suing a multi-monitor setup, you may want to look into a mouse with a high DPI.
- If you own other peripherals from other companies, it is important to consider the connectivity of the mouse. This is especially important if you have to sync your mouse to other devices like the keyboard, the headset, monitor, mobile app and other devices.
- You may want to make sure that the mouse will be able to connect and sync perfectly with the other peripherals.
Different types of Gaming Mice
It is important to note that regardless of the number of different types and brands of gaming mice in the market, there is no one mouse that works peripherally for only one genre. There are various types of gaming mouse in the market which we are going to look into.
a] The all-purpose mouse
- The all-purpose gaming mouse is the most common among all types of gaming mice in the market. They are workhorse machines that come in all manner of shapes and sizes.
- As an all-purpose mouse is supposed to be roughly or equally as good at controlling all genres from FPS to action or adventure genres to MMO genre, there is no single unifying design theory behind the all-purpose mouse.
- This is the best type of mouse for players that are fond of partaking in all kinds of games or more than a single genre of games. This type of mouse is averagely priced and also available in a a variety of brands depending on the manufacturer.
b] MMO mouse
- This mouse can be used to play games the likes of World of Warcraft, Final Fantasy XIV and the popular Star Wars game as well. This type of mouse is the bulkiest of all the types of mice as it features several buttons. It is perfectly designed for firing off complex skill rotations with the down to the second precision.
- Designers of these mice have gone a step further to letting the user assign alternate button maps that the player will be able to access with a flick of a finger. There are several brands of such mice in the market coming at different costs. This type is however more expensive than the first one discussed.
c] The RTS mouse
- RTS is an acronym for the term Real Time Strategy. Real Time Strategy is a specific genre of computer games that require a unique kind of mouse to play. While the RTS mouse is designed especially for RTS genre, the all-purpose mouse can also be used to play these games.
- This type of mice is not as expensive as either the all-purpose mice or the MMO mice as they are less complicated and their design is simpler as compared to the two above.
d] The customizable mouse
- The customizable mouse can be described as the Ferrari of the universe of gaming and such mice. It is a flashy and by far the most expensive of all the other types of gaming mice. Such mice allow for the gamer to customize almost all the aspects of the mouse as well as a gamer can design his own custom gaming mouse pad.
- Such changes can be made on the angle of the mouse, the palm rest and the feel of the buttons on the mouse. This is what makes the mice expensive as the design is prone to changes and the material used is also very high quality and expensive.
e] The FPS Mouse
- As discussed previously, this type of mouse is used to play the FPS genre. It has a distinctive sniper button that is located beneath the thumb that shows down the DPI in order to line up the different shots in the game.
- There are various brands of FPS mice in the market some of which we have discussed in this article as the best of the best.
- The cost of these mice differs depending on the manufactures and the terms of manufacture.
How to grip a gaming mouse
There are three main types of grips that can be applied when using gaming mice
The palm grip- this is the most common mode of grip. It is where your entire hand lies flat on the mouse. It is the easiest to master and easiest to apply regardless of the game being played.
The claw grip- this type of grip is similar to the palm grip with the specific difference that the fingers are arched in the shape of a claw when doing this grip.
The fingertip grip- this grip is where the entire mouse is held with just the fingertips of the user and the palm does not touch the mouse at all.
Buying any type of gaming mouse, even under the best circumstances is a task that may not be as easy as though. The fact that there are several brands in the market makes the task even more challenging as you have to consider several factors before making a purchase.
In this article, using the factors that have been discussed above, we have come up with a list of five of the best brands of FPS mice in the market.
To make your task easier, we suggest that you go for the Logitech G502 HERO High Performance Gaming Mouse.
It features 16k sensors, eleven customizable buttons and an onboard memory, an adjustable weight system as well as a LIGHTSYNC technology that allows for the lighting to be adjusted up to sixteen million times in terms of variations and a mechanical switch button tensioning that allows for the feel and the ease of clicking and using the buttons.