As the owner of a small or startup business, your initial marketing strategy is extremely crucial. It will define your business and test its potential for success. Social media is an effective and affordable digital marketing strategy to promote your products and services, but you can boost anticipation and sales even further by exploring a more innovative tactic: content marketing.
Content Marketingis defined as a marketing method aimed to deliver consistent content with strong value and relevance to gain and keep a clearly defined audience. It is essentially a piece of content that’s meant to resonate or relate with the audience rather than sell, resulting in higher engagement and interest with a company’s products or services.
An e-commerce website with valuable, relevant, and consistent content will top search engine rankings. Along with a competent search engine optimization agency in Utah or any other state that can work on maintaining your favorable ranking, your business will reap the benefits of boosted sales and high customer engagement.
Content Marketing Examples
Content is a broad term, therefore, a wide array of multimedia platforms can be used and be considered content. But for starters, there are at least five examples that are all easy to create.
- Infographics – These are diagrams displaying statistics, charts, graphs, and other information regarding the results of a survey or study. They are designed to be visually pleasing to capture attention and encourage people to spread it. Infographics are better professionally-designed, albeit costly. You can post your infographic on your social media, your official website, or work with bloggers to have them post it on their own webpages as well.
- Webpages – Aside from your products and services, articles and other types of content related to your business should also be available on your webpages. As long as they are relevant and valuable, they can elevate your ranking in search engine result pages.
- Podcast – Uploading podcasts about a topic related to your products and services can garner interest around your business. Make sure to provide valuable information to entice the audience to buy from you.
- Videos – Shooting a high-quality video doesn’t have the break the bank, with the prices of professional equipment dropping. Brainstorm with your team to come up with an interesting and relatable video topic. Remember not to focus on hard-selling.
- Books – Self-publishing has allowed amateur authors who put their work out in the open, so it’s also worth considering for business. While marketing your book, use the book as well to market your business. In the end, you can enjoy the doubled benefits of being a respected author and entrepreneur.
Effective Content Marketing Strategies
Now that you have an idea what kind of content to post, how can you attract even more customers and increase engagement? Consider these three strong strategies:
- Tap Micro-influencers
Consumers are showing signs of losing interest over repetitive content of brands partnering with big-name influencers. Thus, companies are now considering micro-influencers- those with less than 10,000 followers- to partner with. They are valuable because they help you reach a smaller segment of the market online. In addition, your customers may trust your brand and micro-influencers more, because the partnership radiates solely on trust rather than the number of followers and scope of influence.
2. Enhance Existing Content
It’s easy to forget about the content after publishing and successfully optimizing it. However, old contents still have value, so find aspects within those contents where you can base your next publishings on. For example, narrate a few parts of an article through a podcast, make typography out of remarkable quotes from articles and post it on social media, and so on.
3. Repurpose Product Reviews
Put up a customer feedback form or provide a review section on your website, and repurpose the positive words from those as headlines, email subjects, product descriptions, ads, etc. It is a brilliant way to build trust with your customers because you’re using authentic and raw feedback.
As your business progresses, you’ll discover more interesting content ideas, so always keep an eye out on the trends and your customers’ needs. Always remember the two most essential attributes of content: value and relevance.