I can’t even start to calculate the number of hours you spend on your laptop. Busily engaged in all manner of activities, your elbow propped up on the table, and your hand lazily wresting on the mouse.
However, this ritualistic activity can bring with it a number of health issues, leave alone the developing eye conditions probed by too much light. Carefully hidden behind the shadows, are wrist pains. These pains are caused by continuous use of the mouse, hence rigidness on the wrist.
Have you ever fallen prey to these pains? If not, well this is your lucky day! We might just be able to save your hand. The best way to prevent this discomfort is an ergonomic mouse. Quiet a perplexing name isn’t it? Wait till you hear what it does.
In a bid to make your everyday computer usage a walk in the park, the ergonomic mouse is a device that provides the user with a suitable forearm posture due to its ability to effect a full hand support on the mouse.
Consisting of a myriad of elaborate designs, ergonomic mice have been tested and approved by many tech-savvies and their benefits have further been medically propounded. Meaning, they sufficiently support your hand, enough to save that wrist!
Looking to get yourself one? Below is a list of some of our favorite ergonomic gaming mice, have a peek and see if you like anything.
- 0.1 1. Havit Gaming Mouse 12000 DPI Computer Ergonomic
- 0.2 2. Logitech MX Ergo Wireless Trackball Mouse
- 0.3 3. Steelseries Rival 710 Gaming Mouse
- 0.4 4. Logitech MX Vertical Wireless Mouse
- 1 Importance of an Best Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Prepare to blown away! With a programmable RGB (Red, Green, Blue) lighting, this piece of beauty can access up to 16.8 million colors. That’s certainly a whole lot of colors! All it takes is simple customizing the settings to suit your ever growing needs, a rainbow from outer space!
The Havit Gaming Mouse also presents its strongest feature! Six levels adjustable DPI, from 1200 to 12000, what! This not only boosts the speed, but also brings with it a cloud of utmost precision when gaming.
If you’re not drooling over this gadget by now already, then you must not be human! Just when you thought it was over, to further your glorious gaming experiences. This product wields up to 14 programmable buttons, catering for both gaming and regular usage.
Designed with the state of the art technology, the Logitech MX Ergo seeks to put an end to any lurking wrist problems. It has an adjustable hinge that enables you to adjust the angle for maximum comfort. 20 no! I’ll just take I down a notch to an angle of 10 percent, there we go!
This device comes with an advanced tracking and precision mode button that enables you to control the speed and accuracy of your cursor. Tired of your slow cursor nagging every bit of your nerve? Well we have a winner!
Its battery can last up to 70 days with a single charge, signaling its efficient power conservation factors. Striving to be a hallmark success, Logitech is able to connect two different computers and offer perfect functionality.
I don’t mean to slur some mumbo jumbo. But the steelseries Rival 710 blindsights most of its competitors with a TrueMove3 12000 350 IPs optical sensor. This staggering feature comes with an in built PixArt for accuracy when playing.
Most people don’t like their mouse right now. They just carry an overbearing sense of affection for it. Are you one of them? Designed with customizable OLED displays, the Steelseries Rival mouse is the healing portion you need!
These displays give you access to button mapping, in-game statistics and personalized GIF’s. A gaming mouse has never really made anyone a better player, but this one might just do it! Not forgetting a Modular ID that enables you to swap the sensor or cover.
This device stands out for its surprisingly 57 degrees vertical angle. Do you get any wrist issues emanating from too much time on your mouse? I want to believe a considerable number of people do and this MX vertical device is guaranteed to reduce wrist pressure and forearm strain.
Lauded for its primal focus on maximum wrist relaxation or rather its “handshake position”. The rumors are indeed true! The 4000 DPI high-precision sensor which reduces hand movement by 4x hence relieving the hand, is yet another tantalizing feature.
As if reading your inconceivable mind, the Logitech MX serves up an appetizing plate consisting of a 240mAh. This battery is capable of lasting up to 4 months, that`s absolutely bonkers! You could burry this device with your most prized possessions and still find it on 120 days later.
Importance of an Best Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
So far I have been very vocal about the different types of ergonomic mice and their ability to reduce wrist pressure. But I don’t think I have stressed the latter enough to make you understand the exact importance of buying an ergonomic mouse.
Living in an age where people can go for hours glued to their computers and mouse, yes am talking to you, don’t look away! A number of wrist conditions have developed and hence it is up to us to take charge and alleviate any further damage.
Carpal tunnel syndrome a wrist condition that causes numbness and tingling, is the primary foe when it comes to wrist conditions. An ergonomic mouse doesn’t sound so bad after all, does it? Preventing a trip to your doctor should be at the top of your head every time.
The most fascinating thing is that everyone has that one ergonomic mouse that fits their needs perfectly. Hence, they help to establish a natural grip, which in turn induces comfort and lack of strain. The two main ingredients to perfect hand and wrist health conditions.
An ergonomic mouse isn’t your ordinary device, and it really doesn’t look so from the designs! My point is that in order to evade any complications you must give this device a chance. At first, adjusting to it might be hard, but with time you’ll sink right in.
Things to consider When Buying an Ergonomic Mouse
The desire to get an affordable ergonomic mouse must be an unduly drive by now. Are your wrists killing you? Perhaps you often get stuck behind the screen a tad bit too much, could be recreational or simply work related.
Whatever the ailment is, be assured that ergonomic mouse will definitely combat any wrist pains. How you ask? By simply establishing your very own personal grip, which no longer holds your wrist at gun point. Rather it provides a resting place for your hand and wrist.
Despite posture and grip coming out as the ultimate victors, in this futuristic analysis of mice. There are a number of other factors to consider when buying an ergonomic mouse. We don’t want you buying some overly advertised junk, do we now?
- On the surface this might seem like a very trivial matter, but have you ever bought a phone without connectivity before? My guess is that your answer is a big “no” .It’s no different when it comes to ergonomic mice, connectivity is a key factor, that is much needed.
- Having said all this, it is imperative to determine how your mouse connects to your computer! The two main options are wireless connection and a USB cable. Naturally, Bluetooth connectivity is considered to be much more effective and fast.
- Just like Walmart grocery deal! Some ergonomic mice come packaged with both. Hence you can easily connect your Bluetooth to the desired computer. Whilst charging your mouse with the USB. Some dashing mice have the ability to connect to up to three devices, all hail technology!
- Tired of sitting around work all day and staring at that your grisly old two button mouse? What are you waiting for? Grab yourself an improved version of whatever mouse you’re using or a new one, and trust me, you’re guaranteed to find more functional buttons to support your endeavors.
- Sure the traditional two button mouse is a safe card, but the world isn’t about safety anymore! It requires an unquenched pursuance for thrill, and let me tell you what can create that thrill! A perfectly functioning mouse with side buttons or even a scroll wheel at the center.
- At the end of it all, it comes down to what you actually want and what you intend to use the mouse for. An avid gamers like myself is likely able to lean towards a mouse with more buttons, hence able to offer more controls for my gaming escapades.
- In short, it all depends on what you prefer, my job is to hand you a skeleton, and you’re the one than fills in the flesh. However, do not be afraid to take that leap of faith and try a new product, who knows you might like it!
3. Overall Design
- If you’ve seen some of these ergonomic mice then you must agree with me that their designs are out of this world. They simply take the aesthetic value concerned with design to a whole new level. But remember these designs are also modified to reduce wrist pains and forearm pressure.
- Before making your ultimate choice, make sure to take some time off and bask in the glorious designs of ergonomic mice. You’ll find yourself lost in a pool of shocking designs. Like for instance the invention of vertical mice and its design has been a major boost to the industry.
- Adjusting to such designs might take some, but once you catch the drift, there will be no stooping you! But too often the perfect design lands on your hands like an apple from the sky and you’re left speechless on how much it suits you.
- To ensure you’re comfortable and sucking all that beneficial sup out of the mouse for easier functionality, ensure that the mouse is of considerable size. Meaning it can fit in your hands, as they rest comfortably .If you have baby hands, then things will be worse for you.
- Remember don’t make this decision by checking the product pictures. This would be a very foolish thing to do, especially considering the fact all the shots can do is mislead someone. Thus always check the dimensions of your mouse. In order to familiarize yourself at all times.
- To get your hands on a worthy mouse, then size and weight are almost partners in crime. How do you like your mouse? I would assume you have your preferences but a light mouse is as glorious as they come, and besides we’re trying to heal your wrist not break it!
- But it all entirely depends, for some people the heavier mouse will provide a satisfying sense of stability to aid in free the wrist muscles. While for others, the lighter mouse is their cup of tea, stirred and ready for taking.
- This necessitates that you up your game when it comes to shopping. That is checking the specifications outlined and comparing them with that of your current mouse. Do you like cereal? You can’t change your cereal that easily, but once you’ve seen a better option, in a jiffy!
- Hence ergonomic mouse can come in different grams, though there is still no medical advice concerning the issue of weight on your wrist. I would like to think a lighter one is better. Putting your hand in position without stressing it further will definitely prevent carpel tunnel syndrome.
6. Wireless or Not?
- This might sound a bit ironical, since we have promised to ride with the technological wave and wireless mouse are definitely not a thing anymore. Due to the invention of numerous wireless mice, a variety of factors have been solved, including the cluttering sound on the desk.
- However, old is Gold! This can be affirmed by some of the disadvantages of wireless mouse. Like for instance, it is requires a battery to run .Hence it might demand the AA/AAA batteries from time to time.
- The wireless mouse will also require a USB to sufficiently connect to the computer. Lastly, the most disappointing factor, is that it requires to be woken up each time after spending some time idle. This can be very excruciating and you might even end up throwing it against the wall.
- Despite all these disadvantages, it would be a downright lie to declare them inefficient over wireless mouse. The biggest drawback of a wired mouse is clear as daylight, having the constant clacking sound of the mouse and a long cable that you could trip over anytime.
7. Form Factor
- Traditional mice have served us well over the course of the years. Always been available within its limits. But dynamics dictate change, and change is inevitable! Hence it would be wise to turn to other modernized mice, like vertical of the trackball.
- The form factor of a mouse is key to effect the desired comfort you expect from an ergonomic mouse. Ever raised your hopes up high while waiting for a product, only to fall victim to a devastating scam, which provides you with an inadequate product.
- These modernized mice are specialized to substantially combat any recurring wrist conditions, whether it is carpal tunnel syndrome or symptoms of RSI. Alternatively, while still talking about the form, allow me to shed a light on a joystick mouse!
- A joystick mouse is equally effective when it comes to relieving wrist pressure .The same sentiments cannot be expressed about its functional efficiency. Equipped with DPI and other various features, the joystick has undeniably proved hard to maneuver.
- However, if you’re a tech genius and a person who likes to be challenged, then the Joystick mouse will be a great fit for you. It is particularly popular with die hard gamers, since its applicability makes much more sense when it comes to playing games.
- Do you already have a RSI condition? The constant throbbing pain emanating from your wrist could even be a hindrance to your normal activities. Well, put a smile on the sulking and despairing face and grab yourself a joystick mouse, the best remedy for an RSI condition.
8. Left or Right-Handed?
- The consideration of right and left-handed people as a factor when looking to acquire a mouse has never crossed my mind. At least not until I learned about the ambidixoul feature of the trackball mouse, and the fact that most mouse are for right handed people baffles me.
- The ambidixoul feature of the trackball mouse allows you to alter between hands, within your daily tasks. If ranking the groundbreaking inventions of the computer mouse was ever a thing. Then this would definitely top the list!
- The left or right handiness of a mouse might seem like grim issue on paper. But its importance is widely recognized and appreciated, especially by those left handed forks. Hence this ambidixoul mouse is capable of catering for both your hands.
- In case one hand is fatigued or even disabled on one hand, then you can always switch to other one. This is an impeccable feature that has amassed great admiration from buyers all over! I am also sure you’re loving it too! Besides you get to exercise both hands!
9. DPI Switch
- The roles of the DPI (Dots per Inch) extends far and wide when it comes to mouse functionality. Thus, most modern computer mice are equipped with DPI to allow for precision and accuracy of the cursor. It also increases the operating speed of the cursor.
- Sure DPI purely controlled by the software is fun and everything, but it is also adversely difficult to regulate. Owing to the fact that most gamers crave for a high DPI setting, then the availability of a switch is Godsend!
- A mouse with a DPI switch adequately enables you to adjust the sensitivity of your cursor, with the lack of any software. This might seem very old school, but in the long run you get the power to willingly and timely tone down the sensitivity of your mouse any time you deem fit!
- So are you a gamer, software engineer, or normally dependent on your PC? The DPI is a feature that requires your attention and scrutiny when buying a mouse. Make sure you do it right then, the benefits of a DPI switch are unrivaled if I must say so.
Having clearly deciphered the enigma behind ergonomic mice, then I certainly hope you have been equipped with enough knowledge to present in a PowerPoint! The rifle then rests on your shoulder, make sure to make your aim accurate and fire for the right ergonomic mouse!
I refuse to abandon you, in your time of need! Choosing from an array of attractive ergonomic mouse is going to be one heck of a pickle. It is for this reason that I recommend the Logitech MX Vertical Wireless Mouse.
Popular for its vertical axis, this device has been revered for its “handshake position” and has a vertical angle of 57 degrees. This relieves any pressure from your wrist and forearm, a subtle yet fascinating solution to any wrist conditions.
Also within its armory the MX vertical mouse has a 4000 DPI high-precision sensor to reduce hand movement hence relaxing your hand. I can’t remember the last time I was so sure about a product, but this is your fight not mine!
I simply mean that with the right strategies you could have in your hands the Logitech MX Vertical mouse. A lasting remedy for any wrist conditions, this innovation easily tramples over any competitive computer mice in the industry, take my word for it.